It’s not always easy to tell when you or a loved one needs more help. The following warning signs may indicate that it’s time for a talk about assisted living.
- Do you find the refrigerator is empty or filled with spoiled food or you or your loved one are losing weight? These may be signs of not eating well because shopping or cooking is difficult.
- Do you notice frequent bruises? This may be a sign of falling or mobility and balance
- Does your loved one wear the same clothes over and over again or neglects personal
hygiene? This can indicate that doing laundry and bathing is physically challenging.
- Do you find the house and yard isn’t as clean and tidy as it used to be? This can be a sign that household upkeep is becoming too difficult to manage.
- Does your loved one forget things, including doctor’s appointments and when to take
medication? This may be due to memory loss.
- Your parent seems depressed? Depression is common in seniors who are isolated and alone.
- Do you notice strange or inappropriate behavior? For example, your loved one may dress inappropriately for the weather. This can be a sign that he or she is experiencing confusion.
It’s not always easy to tell when you or a loved one needs more help. If you have questions on the best option for you, visit our frequently asked questions. If you find that you need additional assistance, you can learn more about the over 40 independent living, assisted living, memory card and skilled nursing communities that are part of Tealwood Senior Living. In addition, one of our registered nurses can perform a nursing assessment that will help you determine what is best for you or your loved one. You’ll have the comfort of knowing the expertise of our team will guide you in the right direction. Visit www.twsl.com for more information.